Available upon request.
To obtain a full time Web Development position.
Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester NY.
Degree: Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, Class of 2006.
Concentration: Web and database development.
Back End Development: PHP, ColdFusion, Java, C#, SQL, XML.
Databases: MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, DB2 (zO/S and UDB), Access.
- Web: Adobe Photoshop, Fireworks, Dreamweaver, Flash, Illustrator, InDesign.
- Database: SQL Server Management Studio, Aqua Data Studio, ERWin Data Modeler.
- Content Management Systems: Wordpress, Joomla, Commonspot, Ektron, Various custom built
My complete portfolio can be viewed online at: http://www.joeowen.com/portfolio/
Buddy Media Corporate Site
- Worked with the Buddy Media team to build a site that showcases the social media strategies we create for our clients.
- Implemented Facebook Connect for Buddy Media events.
Buddy Media BuddyBrain
- Worked with the Buddy Media to build a social media campaign manager.
- Developed the front-end of the user-facing and administrative sides of the site.
- Utilized Google Chart API and FusionCharts.
Fusion Productions' Communities of Practice Platform
- Learned ColdFusion by working on a team of five developers creating various modules such as an AJAX star-based rating system, custom theming interface and keyword tagging.
- Re-skinned the interface to give a 5-year-old platform a fresher look, transforming the table-based layout to a tableless CSS design.
- End-to-end creation of a successful marketing site for COP by implementing a clean, simple design, with effective eye-catching effects.
Cornell University Outreach Portal
- Worked on a team of 3 developers on a ColdFusion/Oracle backend that provides a search and browse interface for users to discover Outreach Programs, based on keyword search and filtering via a taxonomy.
- Program data can be batch imported and exported in XML format via a web service, and search results can be rendered in RSS.
- Created a polling application optimized for iPhone display.
- Poll results are AJAX-enabled to facilitate polling of a live audience with the most up-to-date results data utilizing the mootools.js library.
Buddy Media, New York, NY
May 2008 - Present.
Employed as a Front End Web Developer where roles and responsibilities included:
- Go-to guy for all-things-front-end, developing and maintaining the look and feel of our internal and client-facing applications by employing the latest practices in XHTML/CSS/JS
- Work extensively with Facebook API building custom applications and public profile pages. Employed the use of FBML and FBJS.
- PHP development in Kohana and Smarty MVC architectures. JS Development in JQuery and MooTools.
- Develop and maintain the corporate site driven by Joomla and Wordpress.
Fusion Productions, Webster NY
March 2006 - May 2008.
Employed as a Web Developer where roles and responsibilities included:
- ColdFusion and .NET developer focused on creating optimized code.
- Worked on implementing localization for international websites.
Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester NY
December 2003 - March 2006
- Teacher's Assistant and Grader for several Java and Interface Design courses.
- Assistant to the Marketing Director of the Wallace Library.
- Orientation Assistant, introducing incoming freshmen to RIT and providing guidance to students that are adjusting to college life.
Excellus BlueCross/BlueShield, Rochester NY
March - August 2005.
Filled an internship where responsibilities included:
- Database modeling & administration.
- Develop J2EE based web applications.
- Participated in quality assurance as regression tester.
Lewiston-Porter Central School District, Youngstown NY
June - August 2003, August 2004.
Filled a cooperative position where responsibilities included:
- Specialized Mac OS X guide for the students and faculty of Lewiston-Porter and Niagara University.
- Set up and administer Macintosh XServe servers.
- Tech support.
Honors & Activities
- Attendee to various Facebook Developers Garage and Mashable events in New York, NY
- Participating at the upcoming annual DigitialNow technical conference, leading the creation and demonstration of presentations that help CEO attendees understand and utilize the latest web technologies.
- Dean's List.
- Outstanding Undergraduate Scholar Nominee.
Available upon request.